Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s theme is Reasons Why I Love Reading. I could go on and on with this prompt, but in the true TTT spirit, I’ll limit myself to 10 reasons!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. When you click on and/or purchase from some links, I make a portion of the sale. This helps keep Bitch Bookshelf running.
- It’s a form of escape.
- It’s a way to broaden my interests and education.
- Favorite characters and authors feel like friends.
- It almost always relaxes me.
- Listening to audiobooks (totally a form of reading) can make commutes and trivial tasks go by quickly.
- I enjoy collecting books.
- …and when I don’t want to buy them, I love using and supporting the library.
- I like writing book reviews, and I need to read in order to do that!
- I love talking about books with friends and strangers alike, but for fun and for work. It helps to read a lot so we might have a favorite book in common.
- Reading has always been important to me. I was raised a reader, and don’t see myself stopping any time soon.
Why do you enjoy reading?